Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Tara: A VERY EXCITED POST


We’ve made it to the USA!
After travelling for 38 hours with very little sleep we finally reached Orlando at 5 in the morning. Determined to stay up, and in need of some sort of food we went shopping at the “florida mall” which turned out to be huge!  We stopped at iHop on the way and it was SO CHEAP and SO GOOD. I got UNLIMITED ICED COFFEE FOR 2.50. Is that what all the fast food places are like here? 
We had planned to get some groceries at the Mall. That plan was sort of destroyed when a friendly shop assistant told us that usually in the USA grocery stores are not in malls. Whatthewhat? I don’t think I could find a biggish mall in Australia without some sort of grocery store! The things you learn!
Despite our attempts yesterday to stay awake until at least 8:30pm I think I drifted off at about 4:00 and Elizabeth at about 6:00. I think my body is in “YOU CAN’T SLEEP FOR MORE THAN TWO HOURS AT A TIME AT THE MOMENT” mode because of the sleep we got on the planes. I managed to wake up at least five times during the night, once at 4:30 which I thought was 6:30 because my watch was on Australian time. I thought that was an okay time to wake up but then I started using the Laptop and realised the time was different and I had definitely changed that. Upon realising this I went back to sleep with great difficulty and here I am now awake at 8:00 wich is a much more reasonable time to wake up. 
Since we couldn’t get to a grocery store we ended up just buying things from 711 so for breakfast we’re having cour cream and chives chip sandwiches and tea. I am so craving salad. I don’t think I’ve had proper vegetables since about four days ago. 
this has been a post about Tara’s sleeping habits mostly. That’s pretty much all that we have done here so far though. So. Yes.
Still tired and very excited about LeakyCon
Tara

No comments:

Post a Comment